Power generation:  We produced 2,515 gigawatt hours of electricity in 2019



Takoradi (T2) power plant Our T2 plant generates electricity from a variety of fuels, including tri-fuel compatible natural gas, fuel oil or distillate-light crude.  TAQA received Ghanaian parliamentary approval in July 2012 to convert the facility from a simple-cycle to a combined-cycle generation facility, which increased the net generating capacity from 220 MW to approximately 330 MW without an increase in fuel...


TAQA has a 90% interest in the Takoradi T2 plant. The Volta River Authority (VRA), a state-owned entity, owns the remaining 10%. All power produced from the Takoradi T2 facility is sold under a 25-year power purchase agreement with the VRA.

Subscribe to Taqa Global.